Here are details on how to save or export the results of your Apache JMeter test script to a CSV or XML file.
1. Open Apache JMeter (here is how to start Apache JMeter on Mac) and right click Test Plan and Add -> Threads (Users) -> Thread Group
2. Right click Thread Group and Add -> Samplers -> HTTP Request
3. Add example.com to the Server input field of the HTTP Request
4. Right click Thread Group and Add -> Listeners -> Aggregate Report
More details on how to load test a web server with Apache JMeter.
Save Apache JMeter Results to a CSV file
1. Configure the filename in the Filename field of the Aggregate Report
where [FULLPATH] is the path on the disk to the directory where you want to save the Apache JMeter results.
2. Run the test script
A file with the results.csv name should now be created at the path specified.
Save Apache JMeter Results to a XML file
1. Go in the Aggregate Report and click the Configure button
2. Check the Save as XML field in the top left corner.
3. Change the extension of the filename to XML i.e. [FULLPATH]/results.xml
A file with the results.xml name should now be created at the path specified.
Save results to current test script location
If you want to use the current test script location as the destination of your Apache JMeter test scripts, you can follow the below steps:
Apache JMeter note:
Don’t use GUI mode for load testing, only for Test creation and Test debugging!
For load testing, use NON GUI Mode & adapt Java Heap to your test requirements