We’ll keep this article short and jump straight to the list of top reasons to use Apache JMeter:
- Apache JMeter is an open source tool for creating and running website and API load tests.
- Apache JMeter is written in JAVA so it can run on any OS.
- Apache JMeter is easily extendable using plugins through a JMeter plugin manager.
- With Apache JMeter you can run both simple and complex load testing scenarios.
- Apache JMeter has a huge community which helps with improving the tool and getting answers to almost all of your debugging questions.
Apache JMeter has a GUI for designing test scenarios, however the command-line is used for actually running the tests (run your JMeter tests in the cloud with JMeter Load Testing tool from LoadFocus).
For click and record load test scenarios you can start using our free Record JMeter Chrome Extension.
Written by Bogdan Vazzolla.
LoadFocus is a cloud performance, load and stress testing tool which provides the infrastructure to run tests with thousands of concurrent users, from multiple cloud locations, in less than a few minutes, keep history of the results, compare different runs to inspect performance improvements or performance degradation. It also supports running JMeter load tests from the cloud.