A lot of times you will need to install some extra plugins that will help you in developing or running the performance tests. For this you will need to use the JMeter Plugins Manager.
Below are the steps needed to install the Plugin Manager and install extra plugins:
- Install Apache JMeter ( if you have not already installed JMeter for development please check how this is done in the following blog post: How to install Apache JMeter on Mac)
- Once installed start JMeter by running:
jmeter(from command line if installed with Homebrew)
sh jmeter.sh(from command line if installed from the archive)
- Check if you have Plugins Manager installed by clicking on the Options menu – see below image:
- If the Plugins Manager is not installed you need to install it by downloading the Plugins Manager JAR file and put it into JMeter’s lib/ext directory. Then start JMeter and go to Options menu to access the Plugins Manager.
- Once installed the Plugins Manager menu item should appear
- Select which plugins you need to install and start testing
- For installing or updating plugins click on Options -> Plugins Manager; clicking on menu item will bring up the plugins manager dialog
Written by Cristian Vazzolla.
LoadFocus is cloud Performance, load and stress testing tool which provides the infrastructure and the ability to run all these tests in less than a few minutes, keep history of the results, compare different runs to inspect performance improvements or performance degradation.