In case you want to easily start Apache JMeter load testing tool on your MAC OS, here some things which you help you get started.
Once you downloaded Apache JMeter, just go to the PATH where you’ve dowloaded it. For example, I’ve downloaded JMeter in my Downloads folder. Here are full details on how to run your first load test with JMeter.
Steps to Add JMeter to the PATH environment variable:
- Open Command-Line (Terminal)
- Type jmeter and press Enter
- If JMeter is not in the PATH variable, you’ll get the following:
-bash: jmeter: command not found
- In terminal, go to the bin folder, where you’ve downloaded JMeter
- Press pwd command to get the current working directory
- Update the PATH variable with the following command:
li>Now type jmeter in the terminal and Apache JMeter will start
This is what you should see in your terminal:
computer:bin user$ jmeter -bash: jmeter: command not found computer:bin user$ pwd /Users/user/Downloads/apache-jmeter-2.13/bin computer:bin user$ export PATH=$PATH:/Users/user/Downloads/apache-jmeter-2.13/bin computer:bin user$ jmeter org.apache.jmeter.testelement.TestPlan org.apache.jmeter.control.gui.TestPlanGui
LoadFocus.com is a Cloud Testing Platform used for Load and Performance Testing for Websites and APIs and Website Speed Testing with Analytics.